Sunday, August 14, 2011

From LRC’s Laurence Vance
  • Said Bachmann in Iowa: “We are social conservatives, and we will never be ashamed of being social conservatives.” I too am a social conservative. I too am not ashamed of being a social conservative. But I am not a statist, a fascist, or a “national security conservative.” (And I didn’t work for the IRS and vote for the Patriot Act either.)
  • I am amazed at the Republican support for Rick Perry. I said this before, but now that he is an official candidate, I will say it again: Republican, governor, Texas – how could Rick Perry not be evil? How can Republicans be so quick to support another Texas Republican governor? Have they forgotten the liberty-destroying, budget-busting, warmongering eight years of George W. Bush? The only alternative is that they liked the reign of Bush. Come to think of it, in every poll of Tea Party people I have seen, a majority of them say they have a favorable view of Bush. Oh no.
  • Evil Republicans. I don’t mean the candidates; I mean the voters. Ron Paul is everything that Republicans say they want in a candidate: pro-life, fiscal conservative, no new taxes, extend the Bush tax cuts, no Trans-Texas Corridor, no amnesty for illegals, no funding for NPR, Planned Parenthood, and the UN, cut welfare, pro-gun, repeal Roe v. Wade, family values, no raise the debt ceiling, etc., etc., etc. Although it is true that the typical Republican doesn’t fully embrace liberty like Ron Paul (no drug war, etc.), the main reason why the typical Republican rejects Ron Paul is because they love war and empire more than liberty. So sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment