Sunday, August 05, 2012

Cracked at the movies


Who you gonna call?


LRC watches this movie:
Even if George Bailey won, society eventually went to hell, or the Sixties did what Potter couldn’t, turning community into every man for himself:


Sure, as a libertarian I keep an eye on threats to individual liberty. Unlike some other libertarians, I don’t hate the police. The opposite. Living near slums like this I’m thankful as I drive home late at night, seeing their cars stationed, at town borders for example, as they guard as best they can.

Second Amendment argument: nice cops will tell you that even though it helps that they keep watch as I just described, they can’t prevent crimes or stop them mid-act. Only you and your gun can. Police can only try to catch the perp after he’s hurt you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment