Monday, June 09, 2014

Thoughts on the Anglican Church

When I think Anglican Church, I think Britain, I think a man wanted to divorce his wife, so then he established his own Church in order to have the freedom to do what he pleased. A Church with no authority whatsoever over its followers. Church with no solid clear beliefs and standards on many issues. A Church that becoming more and more a universalism church, where everyone is saved, and believing in Christ is not vital. A sad dead Church is what I think of it, even though C.S. Lewis was Anglican, and he is a hero for me, because I also came to know Christ by his book "Mere Christianity".
You've pretty much got it, but to their credit...

Also: Women priests were a hit upside the head...

1 comment:

  1. interesting interview with pakistani church of england bishop about anglicanism's future:

    http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=18906#.U5iI23JdXio

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment