Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The mark of the Nazarene


Aleteia: An event in support of Christians in Iraq was held in Paris, just behind the French Assemblée Nationale. 100 people lined up, all holding the Arabic letter nun, or "N," which the Islamic State painted on the homes of Christians in Mosul. The rally was held to urge French legislators to take action. Photo by: Paul Malo.

A demonstration I can believe in, like I've done against both abortion and the war in Iraq (I dare say, the true Catholic seamless garment, both and neither left nor right), but I'm refraining from using this symbol because, frankly, I'm not worthy. It's too easy, like liberal "raising awareness" (preening). How many of us have the courage to let the Muslims kill us for our faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment