Sunday, September 11, 2011



Rowan Williams will retire next year

He seems the mild-mannered professor type and, for his denomination, somewhat orthodox. I wish him well but will miss that rich voice at televised royal events such as the recent wedding (old-school, sharing much with the Catholic Church).

I came to the Catholic faith partly thanks to finding Anglo-Catholicism in my teens: sweet little parish church like many others on the outside; 19th-century Roman Catholicism on steroids inside. I’ve actually gotten past the disappointment and out of respect for the Anglicans I don’t tell them how to run their church. Their leftward course is natural for them. At heart they’re a liberal Protestant denomination. The orthodoxy or not of the Archbishop of Canterbury has nothing to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment