Friday, May 25, 2012



Sung Mass: the Finding of the Relics of St Philomena

On special occasions like this, the parish I live in does the traditional Mass! I’m indifferent to the cultus of St Philomena (no proof she’s real; same rule as with all approved devotions: it’s not heretical and you can’t prove it’s a fraud so you can believe in it if you want) – not a hill I’m willing to die on – but I like the package she’s part of. Her followers tend to be sound on the important things.

Shared a pew with an All Saints Sister of the Poor. First time I’ve seen them since they came into the church. There are very few Episcopal nuns; this fine conservative order in full ‘penguin’ habits finally became what they were often taken to be.

Jesus saves. Mary prays. Benedict is Pope.

Oremus pro invicem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment